Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Strangers

So what is this one about?
A couple retreats to an isolated house where they receive knocks on the door. Needless to say, some creepy weirdoes are knocking, they terrorize them, and their weekend is ruined. Oh yeah, also the people knocking are psychos.

And how much did I pay to watch?
Nothing. Internet.

And what did I think?
I think I've seen this one before. What was that movie with Kate Bekinsale and Luke Wilson? Vacancy or something? I thought that one was a little scarier. But what I did really like about The Strangers is that as the audience we never discover why these three masked strangers are terrorizing them. I like that uncertainty, it leads the audience to feel really uneasy when they go home, then they lock the doors and don't answer if someone knocks on their door. As the masked creeps said in response to "why are you doing this to us?": "Because you were home". Viewer beware...never be home.

So what is the rating? (out of 10)
I'm gonna go with a 6 on this one. It was better than average, but not much better.

No comments: