Monday, June 2, 2008

Baby Mama

So what is this one about?
Well, this one is about a professionally successful woman (Tina Fey) who has been unsuccessful in having a baby. She decides that she is gonna have a baby, somehow. After finding out she has a "t shaped" uterus, she looks into adoption. After finding out she isn't an ideal adoption candidate she turns to surrogacy. Her surrogate is played by Amy Pohler, is totally white trash and dumb. Or so we think... Poor Tina Fey is being played by Amy P. who is actually not pregnant with Tina's embryoes, but is preggo with her boyf's baby. Tina doesn't know, and thus, she is screwed when she finds out.

And how much did I pay to watch?
Nothing. While I was in Budapest I had a student in my program who was a baaaaaaaaaaad influence and taught me where to stream movies on the internet for free. I had wanted to watch it in the theatre, but am glad I didn't, because lets face it...it was crap.

And what did I think?
This movie reminded me of Knocked Up in that it was supposed to look at pregnancy in a humorous way, but in fact I found it depressing. Poor Tina Fey, I mean, she was all screwed over, and we, as an audience, are supposed to find that funny? and SPOILER ALERT we're supposed to feel good when we find out at the end that even though she didn't get her baby from Amy P. she is now preggers with her own baby, by her new and hot and understanding boyfriend Greg Kinnear. Oh gee.

So what is the rating? (out of 10)
I'll give this movie a 4. Not that horrible, but really, not great either.

No comments: