Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Extras: The Extra Special Series Finale

So what is this one about?
Netflix says,
Despite the popularity of his sitcom "When the Whistle Blows," erstwhile extra and current TV star Andy Millman (Ricky Gervais) longs for respect in the industry. His show is critically reviled, but is he ready to sacrifice his success to follow his artistic dreams? And just how far will he go in the name of personal integrity? Stephen Merchant and Ashley Jensen co-star in the finale of this Emmy Award-winning comedy.
And how much did I pay to watch?
Netflix.

And what did I think?
I thought it was simply fantastic. While watching it I was thinking, "wow, the other seasons were so funny and this one is so terribly sad." But it really paid off. Watching the show and seeing the characters going through their ups and downs you really empathize with them when things don't go well. And the writing of Gervais and Merchant (who by the way is totally hot) really plays with the emotions of the audience in this finale. It was just wonderful.

So what is the rating? (out of 10)
10 out of 10, no question. The end of the show really clinched it for me. I purchased the show last week, but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet, and boy oh boy, I can't wait to watch it all again.

I implore you to go out and watch this series. Its just fantastic.

No comments: