Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wall-e

So what is this one about?
Netflix says,
In a futuristic world, human beings have destroyed Earth and evacuated the planet, leaving the cleanup to an army of robots they've programmed to do their dirty work. Due to a mishap, the dutiful WALL-E is the only one left. But with the arrival of a female probe named EVE, the monotony of WALL-E's existence is broken -- and he experiences love for the first time. Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo) directs this Pixar tale with a sci-fi twist.
And how much did I pay to watch?
Lets see if I can remember...I went to see this one in the theatre (at Joe's urging since he keeps telling me how amazing this movie is, and that it will change my life) at night, so I think maybe I paid $10.50.

And what did I think?
I mean how sweet is this guy?? His little voice and his big eyes...god, he is just the cutest robot ever!! The way he says Eve "eeeeee-vuh", I mean, come on!! His little robot claw hands... awwwww. There is no denying that he is one cute-ass mother.

I liked when Wall-e and Eve were taken into the space station (or whatever it was). I loved the fat humans who never walked anymore and had chairs that they lived in. Man, I hope one day humans will be that lazy.

But I'm not sure the message of the movie was very lasting for me. I guess it was something about the environment, or maybe love. It just wasn't too memorable as far as the message goes. But, who am I kidding. Pixar movies are amazing to watch because they're so well crafted in their animation. I think I was slack jawed for the first few minutes just in wonder about the animation (in the same was I was when I watched the first Harry Potter movie...it was all just so magical!)

Oh yeah, also Eve's voice was awesome too. The emotions you could hear in her voice....ADORABLE!

So what is the rating? (out of 10)
Now, I didn't think this was the most amazing movie ever. It didn't change my life. But, like most pixar movies I did watch with rapt attention and awe at the animation.

The characters were adorable, I mean really, they were just too sweet.

I feel ambivalent about it, really, so I'm gonna give it a 6, rather than a 5, because of the animation and the voices. I really can't get over those characters!

No comments: