Sunday, August 31, 2008

The House Bunny

So what is this one about?
Netflix explains the simple plot as,
When Playboy bunny Shelley Darlington (Anna Faris) gets evicted from the mansion, she is a woman without a country -- that is, until she meets the sisters of Zeta Alpha Zeta, a sorority on the brink of losing its campus chapter. The Zetas need Shelley's makeover expertise so they can attract a new pledge class -- otherwise, their house goes to rivals Phi Iota Mu. But the Zetas have something Shelly needs, too: the confidence to be herself.
oh yes. Very deep and complex.

And how much did I pay to watch?
Well, I watched it at Cinema De Lux, at night. So I think it was $11.

And what did I think?
Going into a movie like this one, well, you pretty much know it isn't going to be amazing. You don't expect much. Oddly enough, I saw some previews for this movie in May that made it look really awesome, and then I saw some previews in July and August that made it look like every brain-dead, basic, stupid comedy. I gave this the benefit of the doubt and went and saw it...all while dragging a friend along (oh he is so nice for putting up with the shit movies I drag him to), and I am going to be honest, it wasn't all that bad.

Sometimes I love to watch a normal movie. Between grad school concerns of democratizing or totalitarianizing countries, between the nightly news that is never good, and between figuring out what I am going to do with my life, it is nice to watch a movie or read a book or watch a tv show that isn't so heavy. Isn't so complex. Doesn't require much brain power. It is just a fun addition when it isn't the worst thing ever.

God, there was one part in this movie that was so funny I was actually laughing so hard I was crying. I mean, tears streaming down my face. Good god it was funny. I attribute that to Anna Farris. She really is quite funny. Oh yeah, and she has a killer body too. Who knew?

I also really liked the girl from Superbad who was the main Zeta girl. She was pretty funny too. Did you know Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter was in this movie? Well, she was. Also, some girl from American Idol (I read it somewhere, because I do not watch that show). Oh yeah, also Beverly DeAngelo was in it.

So what is the rating? (out of 10)
It was pretty funny. Moderately predictable but not that bad. An entertaining movie that made me stop thinking as much as I usually do. So, kudos for that.

I'd rate it a 5 because it was pretty average, but I'm gonna give it a 6, because I haven't cried from laughing in forever.

No comments: